Can you name a few of your favorite things about Christmas Day?
1) the hush that seems to fall over much of the world – it amazes me
2) my family – I love them
3) memories of my father – I miss him
4) mashed potatoes and gravy – I could sit right in the pot, quite happily
5) knowing when a gift was “the perfect gift” - because of the smile, or shriek, that it brings
6) a shortbread cookie - or two, four, six, eight
7) my great big stocking - I’m a December baby, and was brought to my mom on Christmas morning in the hospital in a big red stocking, which I have always used
8) talking to friends – “what did Santa bring you?”
9) watching my mom open her gifts from me
10) going to bed at the end of a busy day – feeling overwhelmingly blessed
I trust a Merry, Merry Christmas Day was enjoyed by you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and you, and especially you!