Saturday, April 23, 2011

Guest Post: Sharelyn Stone - Real Life?

“Is this for real life mommy?”

That is what my 4 year old daughter Georgia kept asking me during the Easter production. I know that she was trying to distinguish between real life and the actors on stage, but I couldn’t help thinking that she was on to something. As the actors on stage did such a great job of emulating emotions and depicted the story of Jesus, I thought not only did this happen in real life many, many years ago, but it happened so that I could have life. Real life.

It’s recorded in the book of John 14:6, “Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.” And if you don’t know the Father, how can we ever know and experience real life? So yes Georgia, it’s for real life that we remember the Easter story. The story of God sending us a rescuer, a way to be brought back into God’s perfect presence. A way for us to have REAL LIFE.

1 comment:

  1. Love that...my daughter Grace keeps asking that too, is this the real Jesus etc....great perspectic.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover