Sunday, October 16, 2011

Take 5 with Kathy - "Filled to the brim..."

On Thursday I was writing in my journal – something I hadn’t had much time to do in a month – and was pondering how full my life has become once again. I don’t mean just being busy, although that has been true as the launch of the fall season has been a whirlwind of activity. I took some time to pause and think of how my life has changed during the past year. So, I’d like to share some of what I wrote that day…
My husband took this picture - love the heart!

"These phrases and words reflect how I feel in my life the past month, 'Free' , 'I’ve found my niche again', 'I’m anticipating today', 'No longer lost and confused', 'Fulfilled and satisfied', 'Filled to the brim'.

I finally feel that freedom as though I’ve been released from whatever was holding me captive for so long. And it is more than I ever dreamed possible – far beyond what I ever envisioned for myself. I have once again discovered a unique place God designed for me to use and express my gifts to their full potential. It’s a much different place of ministry than before, but the gifts are the same – just broadened, richer, wiser, and filled with a new aroma that is stimulating, invigorating, and precious. It’s true…every morning I awaken with a new anticipation. I may be physically, mentally, and emotionally drained at times, but my outlook is positive and full of possibilities.

Proverbs 13:19a says, “A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul.” (NIV) Another version puts it this way, “Desire realized is sweet to the soul.” (NAS)

That’s how I feel now. I’ve been waiting so long for that fulfillment or desire to be realized and it is definitely sweet to my soul. For me, the sweetest taste is delicious, melt-in-your-mouth genuine Swiss chocolate (although the analogy falls short). Once you experience that sweetness, you just have to pause and savor it. Sometimes, that feeling of fulfillment can be overwhelming.

The Lord has brought me from a state of being overwhelmed with loss, confusion, loneliness, despair, disappointments, hurt and pain, feeling rejected, and being misunderstood to a new and refreshing state of being overwhelmed. Now, I am filled to the brim with God’s peace, joy, assurance of my identity in Christ, growing confidence, a sense of excitement and enthusiasm, the acceptance of my loving Heavenly Father and those beautiful people He has placed around me, and gratitude beyond measure that He would consider me worthy to invest so much of His time and effort into creating this better and wiser person I have become. I am moved to tears right now as my mind and heart attempt to comprehend and process all of this. It’s a good kind of being overwhelmed and very healing!

By no means do I feel I have arrived or reached a pinnacle, but my faith in God and His ability to keep His promises has increased by leaps and bounds. I know beyond any doubt that “He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day I see Him face to face”. (Philippians 1:6)"

Until next Sunday,
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Kathy, praise God for your transformation over the past year...God is so good! You have blessed my heart again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your post brought tears of joy to my eyes. I am so delighted that you have discovered the true joy in knowing God and his goodness. It's only with your growth in Him that you find this overwhelming joy in just being. I am happy for you. I hope your journey continues to make you strong and your eye remains on your just reward. xoxo marlis

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover