Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Happy Spring



Happy Spring from Take Six



The Christmas wreath is a thing of the past season.  The wooden snowman that I hung on it for the winter has long since been packed away.  Spring has officially sprung!!


While driving last spring I spotted this idea on the doorstep of a gorgeous old home in our city.  They had the exact cast iron urns that I do.  I promptly made a quick trip to the Dollarama.  I am sure you are shocked.  ;)  Frequent readers will know that I LOVE that store.  I bought 6 stems of pussy willows, and 3 bundles of white tulips. I cut the tulips into individual stocks, and poked them into the soil in a circle.  Then I poked 3 pussy willow stems into the center of each urn.  That's it.  I was finished.  You can not get much easier than that! 


It is the simplicity of this decoration that is so pleasing to my eye.





Pussy Willows

Author Unknown

There are willow pussies
Clad in furry goods,
And a robin singing
In the maple woods.
There's a springing crocus,
And a budding larch,
Who'd ever think the Springtime
Came along in March.


Joining:
Wild Wednesday
Made by Me
Feathered Nest Friday
Inspiration Friday
Show and Tell Friday
Home Sweet Home
Potpourri Friday
Saturday Night Special
Seasonal Sunday
Creative Me

11 comments:

  1. I like this idea Tanya. A touch of spring before the tulips bloom. Pussywillows should be popping any day now with this heat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and elegant!xo Happy Spring

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like a cheery breath of spring outside the front door!

    Thanks for stopping by my bloggy space with your kind words. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is beauty in simplicity!
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really great idea.. I have a bunch of pots to do something with before Saturday evening and I am thinking this is the answer.. They look lovely in your urns. Sure wish i had those.. xo marlis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice job. My neighbor's pussy pillow is blooming so you are on target. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh, i would never think that's dollar store flowers! great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Tanya,
    Your Urns look fabulous!
    Love the crisp & fresh white tulips...
    So lovely!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, that makes me so want Spring! Thankfully our weather is warming up and I'm so excited! Love your idea! Especially for those of us that don't have green thumbs! :)
    Melody
    One Chatty Chic

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pussy Willows= Makes me fall in love with them! :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover