Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Before & After ~ Easter Topiary

This week a thrift store in my area moved to a much bigger location.  I thought it would be supportive of me to "help them celebrate" their grand opening *wink*.  I took a quick run in one afternoon.  What a celebration.  The very spacious parking lot was full, and both sides of the four lane highway were lined with cars (including mine!)  I hurried inside and grabbed a shopping cart. This little "before and after" is one of my finds from that day.  



I spotted this cute little Easter topiary just as another lady picked it up off the shelf.  So I just waited patiently and she finally decided to put it back!  Swoosh!!!!  (That was me grabbing it quickly!) ;)  This topiary was too "bright" for my taste.  I was looking for a more muted look.  So the first thing I did was tear out all the bright green moss and silk flowers.  


That's better...but the pot was too bright as well.  I took it outside on the weekend.  It was -1 and sunny.  Too cold really for spray painting outside.  But I spray painted it anyway and took it back into the warm house to dry.  The pot looks white in this picture but it is actually a warmer ivory color.  


I'm getting there!  Then I took the glue gun and Spanish moss.  I just broke off small bunches of the moss and glued it in between the eggs, and at the base of the topiary branch.  


Oh, so much better!  Are you doing some Easter/Spring decorating?  I'm working on it now.  It makes my heart sing!  Such a very fun time to decorate.  

Wishing everyone a very Happy Spring!

Tanya

Joining:
Seasonal Sunday


14 comments:

  1. I love the after so much more - it looks fabulous :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, how nice to get a newer bigger VV!! This is a sweet topiary makeover Tanya. It was a great find! I also like the turquoise door? shutter? behind it. Blessings,
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, love the new look, it is so you, I am still thinking of the gorgeous chenille spread you used on your table, the one with the cut snowmen like the one in your header. I am now on the lookout for white chenille bed spread for that purpose! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that is beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is beautiful! Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your topiary turned out great - very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great find! I find I stalk people who have grabbed things at the thrift store that I want. I slowly follow them around, all the while looking as innocent as I can and then, I swoop in when they put that item down! Shameless I know . Thanks for stopping by my blog! So nice to find other Canadian blogs this way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's so much more subtle and lovely now!

    Big Hugs,
    Susan and Bentley

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic make-under! A good eye can see beyond the ugly and know what they have to do to make it great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It turned out great! Life to the full, Melissa @ DaisyMaeBelle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great find.

    Wonderful to have you be a part of SEASONAL SUNDAYS!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really so cute before, but so much better after!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That turned out so pretty. Very clever of you to swoop it up and do a makeover on it. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's better...but the pot was too bright as well. I took it outside on the weekend. It was -1 and sunny. Too cold really for spray painting outside.

    https://www.lyricsmu.com

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover