Thursday, November 4, 2010

Blessings in Disguise...

I'm taking a personal, finance management class. Two weeks in on a 13 week course.

The first "baby step" all participants have been encouraged to carry out is to establish a $1000 EMERGENCY fund.

Last week my car was in the garage. And let's just say that the bill came pretty close to eating up my EMERGENCY fund in a manner that is quicker than a child eating up their Halloween treats. Or should I say, in a manner quicker than a... parent eating up their child's Halloween treats?

But...
the blessing is that there is even a car to fix - right?
the blessing is that there was an EMERGENCY fund - right?

This morning I was on my way to an appointment.
As I was driving along I thought, "My goodness, I must have the car in neutral... but if so - how did I get this far?"

Nope, not in neutral.

"Oh my, the car is going to... it's... just... going... to... stop... Whaaaaaaaaaaat?"

Chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chug, chugX4000.

Miss the appointment and head to the garage.
"Sure, Lisa - you can leave it with us however, we don't have an opening for another week."

But...
the blessing is that I head out of town on Monday - right?
the blessing is that there was no car accident - right?
the blessing is having a sister who rescues me all the time. Fact.
the blessing is that I fully, 1000%, understand the wisdom in having an EMERGENCY fund - right?

Life.

And, EMERGENCY funds!

1 comment:

  1. The blessing is that you probably saw this coming, after ignoring your check engine light for who-knows-how-long?? ;)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover