Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Power of a Woman's Words


Our study this fall is The Power of a Woman's Words by Sharon Jaynes. Our words have power and sustainability. Our words linger in the hearts and minds of those who hear them longer then the seconds it took to speak them. I have always struggled with saying things to make a joke or a quick come back and seldome think of the consequences of those words. The past two years a friend and I have both agreed that our tongues need to be tamed. In a recent sermon series in James, I learned that I can only learn to tame my tongue with help from the Holy Spirit and by practice.

One area I feel that I can use my words for good is to encourage others.
Encouragement is free but it is priceless to the one who needs it most. I don't mean fluffy encouragement. I mean true genuine encouragement to everyone in your sphere of influence. Starting with family and friends and spreading it to neighbors, teachers, strangers, leaders...the list can go on and on. God's word is the greatest gift of encouragement. Take some time this week and encourage someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover