Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Guest Post - Sharelyn Stone: Determined...

I was at Wal-mart this week, and finally bought myself a "jelly roll".

For those of you who are not familiar with a quilters jelly roll, it is a collection of co-ordinating fabrics pre-cut and rolled so neatly together and tied with a pretty ribbon. It really is hard to unroll it, since it looks so pretty.

I wasn't expecting to find time to use it so quickly, but the next day was a snow day, and the kids and I decided to sew. I untied the ribbon, to reveal my collection of fabric, and sewed this cute little bag while the kids made some bean bags.



I must admit, I am a project starter, and not really good at finishing them, so I was so pleased that I was determined to get it finished (and cleaned up) before Joe (my husband) came home from work.

In King's Pier this month our children are learning about determination. That is deciding it's worth it to finish what you've started.

God desires us to live our lives with determination too. He promises to give us the strength we need when we need it to finish what he has asked us to do.

So my challenge to you is to finish what you start... especially when it comes to doing what God says.

1 comment:

  1. I am quite determined that I will never be the excellent seemstress that you are. Quite determined ;o))

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover