Friday, September 2, 2011

Peach Blueberry Trifle

(click on picture to enlarge)

This is our families absolute, hands down, BEST summer dessert! In Nova Scotia, August is the time for fresh peaches and beautiful big cultivated blueberries.





PEACH BLUEBERRY TRIFLE

1 small grocery store pound cake, cubed
2-3 C of chopped fresh peaches
2-3 C of fresh blueberries
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 pkg instant vanilla pudding
1 container of Kool Whip
1 1/2 C cold water
2 tbsp grated lemon rind (optional)

Whisk together the sweetened condensed milk and water. Add the pudding mix, and lemon rind and stir well. Refrigerate for 5 min til it just begins to thicken. Add 2C of Cool Whip and stir. I like to use a clear glass bowl to assemble my trifle,because it looks so beautiful through the side. Put 2C of pudding mixture in the bowl. Add half of the cubed pound cake, then all the peaches. Top with half of the remaining pudding the rest of the cubed cake and all the blueberries. Pour on the remainder of the pudding, but don't spread it right out to the edges so you can still see the blueberries. It is best if made the day before.

EDITED TO SAY: I inadvertantly left out two important parts to this recipe when it was posted. I added them on Monday, Sept 5. I have highlighted them. If you printed this recipe before this date please add the two highlighted areas to your recipe.

I'm using my new Berry Spoon to serve. It was a gift from my sister. She knows I love silver cutlery, and discovered this treasure in an antique shop this summer. I LOVE it...and her!


Printable Recipe



Have a blessed long weekend!

Joining:
Foodie Friday
Inspiration Friday
Potpourri Friday
Seasonal Sunday
On the Menu Monday

6 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tanya,

    Your making me hungry!! For Breakfast?
    Love the spoon!
    Beautiful bowl as well...they look great together!
    Have a great Weekend!
    All the Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, this is a wonderful dessert, love the combination of peach/blueberry, beautiful presentation. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm, I have never found a trifle I think is worth the trouble, but this one looks like it would be!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this looks absolutely yummy! Anything with peaches always works for me!

    Thank you for linking to Potpourri Friday and helping to make it a success! I appreciate you and hope you wil link up again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this looks delish. I have fresh peaches and blueberries in the house. I will need to check the pantry and make this tomorrow night for dessert. It is healthy.
    Hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover