Friday, July 27, 2012

Sugar Free Oatmeal Cookies

I found this recipe on Pinterest recently, and decided to whip up a batch and shock surprise my family! 


The recipe is so easy.  It would be perfect for a teachable moment with young children.  


Mix the following in a bowl:


2C oatmeal ( I used the quicker cooking type)
1/2 C raisins
1/3 C unsweetened apple sauce
3 ripe mashed bananas
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 C almond milk ( I used skim due to a nut allergy)


I used my spring release ice cream scoop to spoon the batter onto the pan.  Bake 350 for 15-20 min.




The batter is very soft, but not runny.  When I make them again, I would like to try pressing them down into a flatter shaped cookie.  






They are so yummy.  Healthier than regular Oatmeal Cookies and perfect for satisfying that sweet tooth!




Joining:
Foodie Friday

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover