Monday, January 14, 2013

Valentine Garland

While sorting through and organizing Christmas
decor after the holidays I came across this strand
of pink mini lights.  I think they must have been used
on one of my daughters little trees in their
bedroom at some point.  I just kept them out
and thought I might fit them into Valentine's
decor somewhere.  I'm not a big Valentine's
decorator.  Just a little touch here and there.

Pinterest to the rescue for inspiration!
Have you seen these Valentine's garlands?
This is my spin on them.  



Pink (or clear)  mini lights + heart paper doilies + hole punch





Gently fold over the doilie, being careful not to crease it. 
 Punch a half hole.


Gently push a bulb through the hole.  
It doesn't get much easier than that.  
You can alternate heart shaped and round doilies on your garland, 
or use clear lights and red doilies too!
The fun part about creative projects is making it
completely your own. 



Last week I spent some time putting away Christmas dishes
and pulling out some pink for Valentine's.
This was the perfect spot for my new garland.



So pretty at night.


Tanya

Joining:

19 comments:

  1. I've never seen pink lights I guess but they sure make a cute Valentines garland with the doilies. Your cupboard look sweet with the garland and your pretty china.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the sweetest garland. Looks lovely by your hutch. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya,
    FIRST. . .
    I must tell you I haven't seen a cuter, more clever header for Winter!!! Love, L O V E it!!!
    NOW...your hutch is gorgeous! I love your heart garland, but it is truly magnificent looking with the combination of your pink glass dishes and the red transferware!!! Beautiful display, dear one!
    Fondly,
    Pat
    P.S. Visiting from Yvonne's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post filled with super Valentine ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh so cute and smart idea ! I am sooo behind on Valentine's creating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! This is SO sweet! ♥ I've come to your delightful blog from Beverly's Pink Saturday ~ Now following you, my Dear!
    Hugs,
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're inspiring me! Happily visiting from Beverly's Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, your garland turned out so cute! Love the addition of the pink lights. Perfect place with your beautiful whites and red transferware. I would love if you linked up to my party sometime, Share Your Cup Thursday.
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is adorable ~ and looks so pretty all lit up and displayed. I hope to put a few things out this weekend. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiration. Happy Pink Saturday to you, Dru

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your garland you made...what a clever idea.
    Happy Pink Saturday!!!
    Suzann ~xoxo~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your garland, a great idea! Happy Pink Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative!

    Hopping from Pink Saturday.
    Here's MINE, your comment is always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow - what a pretty Valentine's banner! I love your pink twinkle lights - perfect touch!! Thanks for linking up to It's Party Time!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I featured your pretty banner today here! http://www.settingforfour.com/2013/01/its-party-time-1-20-2013-linky-party.html Thanks so much for linking up last week - hope to see you at this week's party! :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh this is so cute, LOVE the pink lights and fabulous red transferware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is adorable! So simple, but so effective!

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sweet! You can't beat twinkle lights!
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  18. How fun are these doily lights! Clever and creative.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover