Monday, June 18, 2012

Lunch for the Girls!

I had some very special girls over for lunch today.  We laughed...we cried...we laughed TIL we cried!!  We enjoyed such a great time together.   Our lunch was a Cobb Salad.  It is such an easy thing to serve when you have friends in.  Everything can be prepared ahead of time, and then you assemble the salad when you are ready to eat.  I lined the plates on the counter and made the salads "assembly line style".   




Romaine lettuce, sliced egg, bacon, grated cheddar, cubed baked ham, diced tomato, shredded baked chicken breast.  After everyone left, I went into the kitchen and noticed the yummy avocados still sitting in the fruit bowl on the counter where I placed them so I "wouldn't forget them"!!!! :(  Sorry girls!!




Homemade Parmesan Peppercorn Dip / Dressing




Our salad dressing was a delicious homemade one.  Yvonne from StoneGable has created a wonderful Salad Dressing Primer with several yummy homemade dressing recipes.  She mentioned the Parmesan Peppercorn Dressing in her "On The Menu Monday" post this past week.  I knew it would be perfect for my Cobb Salads this weekend and she very kindly shared it with me!  It was wonderful!  Watch for it in one of her upcoming posts.  






Confession time.  We were too full for dessert right after lunch, so we waited until our lunch settled a bit and then made quick work of these gooey brownies, Vanilla frozen yogurt and fresh Nova Scotia strawberries.  Oh my...it was really good!





Joining:

12 comments:

  1. Everything looks yummy.

    Pati

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cobb salad is one of my favorites, and yours looks absolutely delicious...even without the avocado..:)
    I'm popping over from StoneGable. Oh, the dessert looks so good and on the blue and white plate, perfect.
    ~Babs

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my... my mouth is watering!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The salad looks fabulous, I would so enjoy eating that, and, of course, the dessert looks yummy. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks so delicious! I am having some Bible study friends over for tea next week and looking for ideas. Can't make up my mind but your dessert sure would be a hit! Pam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sure wish I had been there, everything looks fabulous! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh My GOODNESS I WANT THAT DESSERT please!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Tanya, I am making this whole menu for my next girl's get together. It all looks wonderful!
    Thanks for your kind shou-out. I am so happy you liked the parmesan peppercorn dressing!
    Thanks for joining ON THE MENU MONDAY!
    I can't wait to make this... all of this!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a lovely meal! It would make a great summer meal for my peeps, so I am going to make these soon. I love how you served the dressing in the pretty cup and saucer. (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm....your lunch sounds delicious from start to finish! I love the idea of making cobb salads. (Sorry about the avocado...) The brownies...words escape me, just give me a fork!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tanya, what a perfect lunch for girlfriends!! The dessert looks wonderful and I love your pretty dishes, too.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover