Friday, December 14, 2012

Molded Peppermint Bark

One evening this week, my daughter and I got busy after supper and made a batch of peppermint bark.  We've made it many times before at Christmas.  But this year instead of spreading it on a cookie sheet, we put it in molds.  



We had seen this silicone mold used on Rachel's Blog for peppermint bark, and bought it at the "Christmas Tree Shop".  We poured dark chocolate in the mold first and let it harden in the fridge.  Then we poured in the white chocolate and sprinkled crushed candy canes on top.  

Ingredients:

8 oz brown chocolate (your favorite)
8 oz white chocolate
2 tsp vegetable oil, divided
1/2 tsp peppermint extract, divided
candy canes or peppermint candies, crushed

Please go to Rachel's blog for the complete recipe.  


We had lots of chocolate leftover so we got creative while the chocolate was hardening in the snowflake mold.  We used cupcake liners to make some more. 



Since it was our first time to make these, we were really pleased how they turned out.  We even sampled them so we could tell you if they were good.  ;) Yup, they were!  





These are great to put on your Christmas dessert tray, or use as little gift ideas.  Whatever you do...don't forget to leave one for Santa!  ;)

Tanya

Joining:
Setting for Four - Linky Party
On the Menu Monday
Foodie Friday

3 comments:

  1. Oh Tanya, I love this! I have some snowmen molds. My boys would love this! And I love love love your plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to try this... and try one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea! I just made some peppermint bark last night, but now I wish I would've seen this post earlier!! Thanks for sharing the cuteness with us. :)
    Merry Christmas!
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover