Thursday, December 2, 2010

Guest Post: from the mind and keyboard of Sharelyn Stone

I love Christmas.
Shopping, baking, singing, sewing, eggnog, decorating… it all makes me smile on the inside.

With all the business that can come with Christmas preparations, I’m always conscience of making certain I keep Christ in Christmas. Which is why I want to share with you a new tradition, that we are starting as a family, this year.

It’s called a Jesse Tree. It’s a really fun way to teach kids about the Bible at Christmas. Each day we have an ornament that the kids color and then place on our Jesse Tree, along with a Bible passage that we read. Each ornament represents a Bible story, starting in Genesis all the way to the birth of Jesus in Bethlehem. I’m really excited about this great visual teaching opportunity.

Today’s ornament, Adam and Eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover