Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Homemade Christmas Ornament


Homemade gifts are so special to receive. I started making ornaments two years ago and I'd love to share with you how I do it.

Step 1. Buy your materials and fill the ball. The clear balls seen above are at Michaels for $8.49 but are usually on sale for 50% off. You can fill the ball with whatever you like. I use scrap paper and curl it, stickers on paper, ornamental snow, pom poms, beads and ribbon. The list can go on forever.

Step 2. Once you have your ball filled, you can finish it off by decorating the top with glitter, a bow and a string to hang on the tree.

Step 3. Let dry and wrap for someone special.

These ornaments can be as expensive or as inexpensive, as detailed or as simple as you like. Here are a couple pictures of ones that I have made.



I started this one with ornamental snow and curled scrap book paper on top. To finish, I put glue on and then the glitter. Hot glue gunned the bow and tied a string.

I filled this one with string red beads and red foil star garland. Hot glue gunned a bow and tied a string.

3 comments:

  1. These are beautiful, thanks for the tips Lauri-Ann! Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooooooh... i love the red star garland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Thank you for the tips. I think the kids and I will be making ornaments this year too!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover