Friday, December 10, 2010

Guest Post - Sharelyn Stone: Nativity...

I love Nativity Scenes.

When I visit someone's house I'm always looking for their nativity.
Is it handmade? Store bought? A family keepsake, perhaps?

Over the last several Christmas's I've been receiving pieces from the Willow Tree Nativity. I love the simplicity of it.

Just like the gospel.
We’re sinners in need of a savior.
God loves us.
God sent His Son to save us.
All we need to do is believe.

It truly is that simple.

3 comments:

  1. ME TOO!!!!!! I've begun collecting them. I have a Precious Moments one that I began to collect way back in the '80s. It is complete now. I also have a sweet little one that was in my home all during my childhood years. This year I added another one to my collection. It is from the Dollarama. I found it about two months ago. The pieces were $1.25 ea!!! You just mixed and matched the pieces that you wanted. At the time, I thought how perfect it would be in a home where tiny fingers would want to explore it. At only $1.25 each piece, little chips in it wouldn't matter, but just show how much it had been loved! It is sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I should have been checking out the Dollarama! I'm sure the Precious Moments one is very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sharelyn, that was beautifully written. :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover