Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guest Post: Tanya Payzant - Spring. . .



is hopefully just around the corner. So this week I've been thinking a bit about putting out my Springy decorations. Anyone who attended "Sights and Sounds of Christmas" at StoneRidge in November, might remember the centerpieces that were on the food tables. I made 6 different centerpieces out of a vase I found at the Dollarama. Can I just say, "I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Dollarama store". (Don't tell my husband. He gets "testy" when I talk about stores that aren't Home Hardware!) But sometimes, a girl's just gotta shop, where a girl's gotta shop! Right? Here is a pic of one of the Christmas centerpieces.


(Please click on pictures for a larger view)


So when I picked up the vases at Christmas time I bought a couple for myself as well. (Makes total sense, right? You know. . . just in case!) ;0) This past week I was at the Dollarama and I saw the cutest little picks in the silk floral section. They were $2 and consisted of 2 clusters of bare branches, a cluster of spring colored eggs and berries, and a little nest with eggs in it. I wasn't quite sure what I would do with it, but knew I would use it somehow in my spring decor this year.

Many times I have seen people use a cloche in their displays. A cloche is a clear glass dome that you place on a plate or doily, or right on the table, with a small display, or something special underneath. But I didn't have a cloche. . . yet!! Instead of going out and buying one, I turned my glass Dollarama vase upside down on a plate with a small doily underneath and. . . voila!!! A perfect home for my little nest, and I used the spray of eggs and berries as an accent beside it.
Someone please press the "EASY" button!






Any comments on a "TAKE SIX" blog post between now and March 19th automatically gets your name entered in our Spring Draw. Click here for all the details!! We love to hear your comments, please share your responses with us!

2 comments:

  1. I love that you used the vase upside down. Makes me want to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea!!! It looks sweet.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover