Friday, March 18, 2011

A World Away... part 4

Before I share my journal with you today I want to remind you that tomorrow is your last chance to leave a comment on a blog post and have your name entered into our "Celebration of Spring" draw. We love to get feedback from you! We will post the winner of the draw on Monday!





Wednesday, March 16
This is what I read this morning:

Psalm 67

May God be gracious to us and bless us and make his face shine upon us,
that your ways may be known on earth, your salvation among all nations.

May the peoples praise you, O God; may all the peoples praise you.

May the nations be glad and sing for joy, for you rule the peoples justly and guide the nations of the earth.

May the peoples praise you O God; may all the peoples praise you.

Then the land will yield its harvest, and God, our God will bless us.

God will bless us, and all the ends of the earth will fear him.


How timely was that? These people are praising God, and they are yielding a harvest of tea leaves, everyday!

We finished our sessions in West Bengal today. I found it hard to leave after only three days. I wanted to get to know the women better - to scratch beneath the surface. What would it have been like after three weeks, or three months or... ?

They asked us to "Please, come back again."


I caught them praising God!


...almost a smile there!






Hold up a camera and one, immediately, became the Pied Piper!


Every one's shoes off before entering any church.

2 comments:

  1. Lisa, in the picture where you 'caught' them praising God, most of them have a beautiful smile on their face! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know - I actually chuckled when I noticed that too!!

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover