Wednesday, March 9, 2011

A World Away... part 1

Well, just over one week ago I arrived back in Canada - from a trip to India that was truely amazing.

I worked at keeping a journal while away, and thought I'd share exerpts from what I recorded there, with you.

May you enjoy.


Saturday, Feb 12, 2011
I honestly don't know what I am feeling. It's like I've been beamed, quite literally, onto another planet.
There is dust and dirt everywhere.
There are men everywehre - women, not so much.
I am completely and utterly a foreigner.

I still can't believe I'm here - pinch me, someone! I already know I wouldn't change this for the world.

Hummm... what all did I see on that 5 hour car "ride" today?
Cows and bicycles, and chickens and motorbikes, dogs and buses bursting at the seems and sheep and goats and cars.

And, people... people all around!
But where are they all going? That's what makes me curious.

It's midnight, and I'm beat. I pray I sleep.


This was one of hundreds...






Oh yeah - a truck load of rice, which I think I ate during my two weeks there.


I know I was/am new to the country, but, honestly, I could not detect any rule that resembled a traffic rule. "Get in and go for it" is pretty much how it felt.

Stayed tuned... more to follow.


Don't forget to get your name in for our first ever draw on TAKE SIX!! Click here and read how you can participate in this draw. It is a great opportunity to win some chalkboard paint and supplies. You can let your creativity take off by creating little chalkboards in your own home on anything!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover