Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Real Women: Real Life ~ Depression #5



Welcome to entry #5 of our dear friend's journey
 through depression.




I am learning how important it is to develop a spirit of thankfulness.  Having this kind of attitude helps combat my depression and sends Satan fleeing.  My mom taught me this as a child and I’m learning to put it into practice more and more as an adult.  It’s so simple to do, especially where I live, but often I’m tired and choose to fall prey to complaining and negativity rather than stopping and counting my blessings.  I always gain a clearer perspective of life and the challenges I’m facing when I put on uplifting music or get out-doors and take in God’s miraculous creation.   These two simple things do wonders to lift my sagging spirit.  It takes effort, when I’m feeling down – I almost always feel like just staying in that miserable place.   I know it helps me a lot to have a positive grateful spirit and the Bible says over and over again to “be thankful.”

I’m thankful for the cross and for what Jesus did for me – that won’t ever grow old.  My husband and children are precious gifts and bring me so much joy.

I am rich in the friendships that God has blessed me with – each one is an absolute treasure.  I’m amazed at each beautiful person that God allows to cross my path.  I try to see Christ in people, old and young.  An attitude of gratitude takes work, but the more I practice the better I get and all of a sudden I realize that it’s more natural to have this way of thinking than being negative.  Those around me benefit as well and it rubs off on them!

(Colossians 3:15)  "Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful."

(Psalm 31:19)  "How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you."

(Psalm 107:1) "Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever."

(I Thessalonians 5:16-18) "Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus."


Until next Tuesday,
Real 4 Him :)

Read Entry #1 Here
Entry #2 Here
Entry #3 Here
Entry #4 Here

No comments:

Post a Comment

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover