Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Everything Old is New Again

I'm so happy to see you today. Thank you for coming to visit. I thought we would visit outside today. Let's sit at the wrought iron table on the upper deck. This table has some history in my family. A family member brought it to Nova Scotia from New York. It was used on his outside patio in NY, and in his kitchen after he moved here. I love the fancy back of the chair, with the leaf and bow design.


Photobucket

Photobucket


I have used some of my vintage enamel collection today. Some pieces of my collection are new replicas. I like them because of their uniqueness. For instance the Pottery Barn dory boats, and the little covered pots. However, the majority of the pieces are old, as you will be able to tell from the chips. I love the chips and nicks. Oh, the stories that they could share with us!


Photobucket

Photobucket

The cutlery belonged to my grandmother. I wish I knew something about it. Is it familiar to anyone? My flowering crab was kind enough to explode with color just this week, so I filled my big enamel pitcher as my centerpiece. Some smaller pieces provide a dot of color against all the white dishes.

Photobucket

Photobucket

This wire pie rack jumped right into my hands at the neatest second hand store. So I took it home and spray painted it white. For you local readers, take a drive on a Saturday or Sunday, to "Rural Roots" near Hubbards. Oh my, she has the neatest store. She's merchandised it by color. The blue section, pink/purple section, red section, white etc. Lisa and I are going, Lord willing, this Saturday!! I'll let you know what treasures we find!

Photobucket

Mismatched vintage cotton hand towels make the perfect napkins for this enamelware setting.

Photobucket

Nova Scotia has a large apple industry. (But that's a story for another day.) I have used three old apple crates as a base for summer decorating on our upper deck. I finally relinquished my pansies, from the last table scape, to the outdoors and tucked them safely in my old kettle.

Photobucket

It's been about five years since I made these hanging, Mason jar, lanterns for the back deck. It seems they find "Home" in a different spot each summer. This year I tucked them in one of the apple crates.


Photobucket

This sweet angel has watched over our summer time activities ever since Nicole gave it to me for Mother's Day several years ago.

Photobucket

If the evening air turns chilly, you can always find a quilt close by to wrap up in. I have had so much fun visiting with you today. I hope you have enjoyed your time on my back deck!


Photobucket


"Everything old is new again!" - Peter Allen

All photos courtesy of Nicole Payzant Photography

Take Six is now on Facebook! We'd love for you to be our friend!




Please come back Thursday and Friday and click on the links for these blog parties I'm joining:

Tablescape Thursday @ Between Naps on the Porch
Vintage Thingie Thursday @ The Colorado Lady
Open House Party Thursday @ No Minimalist Here
Vintage Inspiration Friday @ Common Ground
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Home Sweet Home Friday @ The Charm of Home
Inspiration Friday @ At the Picket Fence
Newby Party @ Debbiedoos

It's a Blog Block Party-Outdoor Cooking and Dining@ DIY by Design



40 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to travel to Nova Scotia. I have heard that it is really pretty. I love your table and chairs, your enamalware, and especially your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos and beautiful composition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your outdoor space! Everything is so lovely. Youe enamalware is fabulous. It looks gorgeous on your table.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your deck, Tanya. Everything is put together perfectly. Love the vintage tablecloth. I wish I had a store like that near me. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness you are loaded with so many nice vintage things. Enjoyed my visit with you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so pretty. I love the touches of old...and the apple crates are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How sweet this is -- Love that tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love love love the tablecloth! Your angel is perfect in every way.. love it. I really like chippy enamelware myself but foolishly gave our away decades ago - why???? Your table is so very very pretty, I can just imagine sitting there. many blessings, marlis

    ReplyDelete
  9. This takes me back to my grandmothers porch. Just love the enamelware. Really nice, you're pictures are great too !!! how sweet !! Jules ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. just love your photos, so fresh and fun~

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sweet and pretty looking Tan!!

    Nicole did a great job on the photos too, so talented!

    I amazes me how you can take such ordinary things and put them together to make something so special...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my this has to one of the loveliest blogs I have come across in a long time!!! Its inspiring and beautiful and I can't wait to peruse the rest of your site when I get home tonight from work! Its just beautiful!
    I too am your newest follower and can't wait to come back!
    Terry

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first visit to your blog. I came over from Vintage Thingy Thursday.

    Love how you have used the apple crates, everything just looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing.

    Michelle@ A Full Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVE THIS tablescape!! All my favorite colors! Great job!!
    Blessings,
    Myrna

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Tanya, thank you for your visit today. I do not live in Maine, we are visiting here in our RV for a month. I see you live in Nova Scotia. I wish we could go there but we do not have passports yet. We are in Ellsworth and we will back home in NC by July 2nd.

    I love your iron set and it is beautiful in your charming kitchen. The enamel ware is so pretty and it sure make a wonderful tablescape. the flowers are so pretty and the tablecloth is a cheerful addition to your table. I don't mind the chips at all.

    I am very happy to meet you.
    Hugs, Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love old chippy enamelware and I love your photos!!! I'm following now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The pictures are not showing up for me! I have trouble with blogger! Will come back and see soon! Thank you for stopping by Three Pixie Lane! I am excited to see all the fun over here! AND welcome to blog land! Christie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything is beautifully arranged! That tablecloth is enough to make your heart sing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. What a charming setting! I love everything. Those little birds pecking at the real flowers are so cute. Everything is just perfection. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  20. A very, very creative tablescape! Love all your vintage items- the enamelware - the tablecloth - The apple crates are great - Simply charming
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a great spot. Your tablescape is so fresh and lovely! Love that enamelware. Thanks so much for linking up with VIF! xo Debra

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gwyneth BalserFriday, June 10, 2011

    Just beautiful Tanya! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fantastic table. I love the little boat type things at each setting. This has all come together so nice.
    Have a great weekend.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a lovely Summer-y tablescape! It looks so charming and we are so glad you linked it up this week to Inspiration Friday!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  25. This is a beautiful setting. The tablecloth is lovely and I especially like the way the blue place mats pop.
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Tanya! Thank you for sharing your fabulous table and enamelware at my party. I love the vintage stuff but you also have some wonderful reproductions. I adore the little PB boats.
    xo,
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a beautiful scene you have set there. It all looks so cozy and welcoming. I love those pretty quilts and the enamelware too. I just bought a big enamel tub and am using it for my hydrangeas :)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely setting, love the vintage tablecloth.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! This is stunning. I love the freshness of the white with the clear blue and the bright pink. It is a lovely outdoor setting that really shows off your summery table. Thanks for linking this up to HSH!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  30. What beautiful photos of a beautiful table setting! I love all your accessories, and that floral tablecloth is so pretty, too!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I love it! Your table and it's story, your enamel ware, your mason jar candle holder, and that sweet cherub too!!
    I'm visiting from Debbie's party, and I'm also your newest follower!!!
    Can't wait to see what you do next!
    xxDaniella

    ReplyDelete
  32. ooooh the inspiration! I have to take all my stuff outside now!~~Where is my hubby and his truck? You table is to making me very envious, :*~:*~LOVE IT!~:*~:*~

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a lovely set up! All the details are beautiful!
    Visiting from the newbie party and now following you.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a gorgeous post- love the setting and quilts! So pretty! Thanks for sharing at FNF :)

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh my gosh! Talk about charm!! It's storybook cute! I have a large collection of enamelware refrigerator dishes that I use for storage. You may be too young to know what they are, but you'd like them.

    I'm your newest follower; found you via Debbie's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. WOW! Your tablescape looks like a magazine shoot. Beautiful.

    Dee
    Your new follower

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello from Alabama! I'm visiting by way of Debbie's party! Your deck is wonderful! Living in the south we dine outside a lot this time of year! Your space is so inviting!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I love everything! The enamelware (I have a lot too), the crates, tablecloth. Love your blog too.

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover