Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Harley Davidson Tablescape

The week before Father's Day, my hubby was away all week on a motorcycle trip. He and a friend, along with two of his brothers pulled out early on the Saturday morning. They weren't much more than around the first bend, when I started planning part of his Father's Day gift for the next weekend.

Photobucket

The first step was to spread out the black tablecloth. Then I went to my box of fabric. I knew I had something that would be perfect for the center of the table. In grade 7, our son had to make an apron in Family Studies when they were learning to sew. He choose a fabric with orange and red flames!! I was so glad I saved the leftover piece. It was big enough to allow me to cut out a large rectangle for the center of the table.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The 'Orange Cream Soda' Jones Soda was perfect, with it's black label and cap. You can order custom labels as well. Check it out here.


Photobucket



Photobucket


I grabbed the helmet right off the bike the morning he got back. I perhaps should have wiped a few 'splats' off of it?? Gloves, and glasses are two of the necessities, and they complete the centerpiece.

Photobucket


The silver chargers imitate the chrome parts on the bike. Then I added the orange melamine plates that I found at Home Hardware. Black handled cutlery, and orange paper napkins complete the place setting. All tied up with a black shoestring licorice!




Photobucket


This was the appetizer plate!! :0)



Photobucket


Photobucket


We had a great day! We went to church that morning, and enjoyed a quick take out lunch together as a family. Then hubby had a snooze while I got salads ready for a BBQ with my father-in-law for supper that night.

MENU:

Appetizers (well you saw a picture of those earlier ;0)
BBQ steak and burgers
Potato Salad
Anna Olson's Cole Slaw
Greek Quinoa Salad
Grocery Store Pound Cake



All photos courtesy of Nicole Payzant Photography. Nicole launched her website last week. Check it out HERE.


TAKE SIX is now on Facebook!

We will be joining:
Tablescape Thursday @ BNOTP
Summer Entertaining Blog Party @ No Minimalist Here
Delightfully Inspiring Thursday @ Delightful Order
Show & Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home
Show & Share Day @ Just A Girl
Seasonal Sunday @ The Tablescaper
Sunday Showcase @ Under the Table and Dreaming
On the Menu Monday @ StoneGable

13 comments:

  1. This is VERY cool -- I love it! So unique! Hubby and I used to ride Harleys (I even had my own!) but eventually biking days competed with boating days. The boating won. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Sounds like y'all really enjoyed the day together!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tanya, this is really creative. I love orange and black. The appetizer tray is very cute. Want to wish your daughter Nicole the best of luck on her new website. I am off to visit there. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has to be the coolest Father's Day tablescape I have ever seen! Your Hubby must have felt like a King sitting at the table!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful Father's Day celebration for your husband! I bet he loved it! Clever! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. How neat to have a table to perfectly suit your husband. So dramatic and so celebratory. It's great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really eye-catching table, and quite clever. I love the candy tray, too. Boys and their toys...

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great table, it looks so fun! Bet he loved it:@)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your table setting!! It is very clever and well thought out! My hubby and I rode a Harley for years, until I got too crippled up with arthritis to ride anymore....BOO!! He still rides and loves it. I bet your hubby really enjoyed his special day with his special hobby decorations!! Great idea you had!!!
    Have a good week......Francy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tanya, You are the FIRST PERSON to join ON THE MENU MONDAY! What a great father's day your group must have had. So wonderfully creative and so much attention down to the very last detail! LOVE all the orange and black. The soda bottles could not be bettter. And I would be all over that appetizer platter! This fabulous table and yummy menu is so inspiring!
    Thank you so much for participating in the very first OTMM. Bless you heart!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh what fun! From the flame fabric, Jones Soda & fun cake! Love everything tied together with black shoestring licorice! The jacket & helmet are the perfect accessories~ I bet your hubby could Harley contain himelf :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very cool table!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your table setting is very attractive and tastefully presented. The cake is adorable and looks delicious. Thank you for sharing and have a wonderful day!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover