Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day...

Alvin Sydney Frankland

That's my dad's name.
When he was the age of this picture, he called himself, "Abby Siddey".






My dad died on March 20, 1997.
And I can't say that I believe there has been one day, since that day, in which I haven't thought of him.
Even if it was just a thought about my awareness of him not being here anymore.
You know, sometimes we never really know what we have, until it is gone.
And, sometimes... we do.
Miss you, dad. Everyday.





Lisa


Joining "Seasonal Sunday" @ The Tablescaper

5 comments:

  1. He was a great man and so he showed such kindness to us in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi lovely lady.
    I also miss my Dad!!! He died in November 1986 on Thanksgiving Day miss you DAD.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet pic of your dad as a child. Time flies, they don't seem to be gone that long, ever.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tanya, I know I posted a comment on this but not here. I know just how you feel. And my Dad is gone almost 33 years......xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely tribute. Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete

It makes our day to hear from all of our Take Six friends. We read each and every comment, and love it when you visit us!! If you ask us a question we will answer it as a 'reply' in the comment section, so be sure and check back! XO

Pin It button on image hover